Sport Fishing Cartagena
Five days Fishing adventure in Cartagena
Three full days Sport Fishing
Each day we fish in a different location.
- Reviews0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation StyleHoliday Type
- Activity LevelModerate
These fish are some of the most stunning fish in the world and do they put up a fight! from the smallest to the largest you won’t have fought a fish like these before whilst trying to land it without losing it after 45 minutes of fight and the smile it will put on your face will be irreplaceable.
Below is just some of the fish you could catch.
The INCOMING MIGRATION takes place between September and March.
WHAT: In order of most catches:
- Black fin Tuna, Dorada Tuna
- Blue Marlin, White Marlin
- Blue Marlin
The RAINY SEASON takes place between April and September.
WHAT: In order of most catches:
- Black fin Tuna
- King fish
- Blue Marlin, Whithe Marlin
We like to give you space to fight that fish so on our boats we will take a maximum of 6 fishing but there is plenty of space for family or friends to cheers you on.
Accommodation in local hotels at Cartagena. Double or twin rooms with cooking amenities and a fridge. Drinking water will be advised in each location but is always safe to consume bottled water.
Lunch meal and snacks will be provided whilst on board fishing.
Sleeping accommodation on all nights during the tour is shared rooms. Each room has one double and a single bed. Private rooms can be arranged at an extra cost.
Lunch on each day of fishing (lunch, + coffee/snacks, etc whilst on the boat). Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Equipment and Clothing:
- All necessary equipment during the Sea Fishing tour including safety equipment. Each participant is responsible for their own equipment issued.
- Standard Fishing equipment. (Extra or special lures and other fishing gear can be purchased if desired)
- Bag for personal items and clothing. (additional items may be available on request – please ask if there is a particular item of clothing or equipment you require).
- Clothing provided as standard.
- Instruction in safety aboard boat.
- Services of local guide.
- All transport between destinations including return transfer to Cartagena Airport (or from accommodation locally) and the hotels in connection with your tour.
- To and from included activities
We do not arrange flights or domestic travel, but are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey.
See under “Good To Know” > “Getting There” for general travel information.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Evening Meals.
- Tips (Gratuities).
- Other expenses not agreed or connected with this booking.
- Arrival: Arriving at Cartagena Airport.
You will be met by our guide at the airport and begin our journey to your hotel for you to be able to unpack and prepare for the next few days fishing.
Over dinner we will have a chance to discuss the groups options and organize ourselves with a bit of orientation and a safety brief ahead of you commencing on a great experience.
We will also be ready to answer your questions should you have any.
Please note that the following is a preliminary itinerary and may vary due to factors such as weather conditions, seasonal changes and local activities. During periods of potential bad weather, for comfort and safety sea fishing duration each day may be shortened.
- Following Days: Days 2
Each day we shall meet up after you have had breakfast. At 8am we will head off a short couple of minutes walk to the sea front where our boat and captain will be waiting to take us to our destination of the day for you to start fishing for those lure grabbing super fish!
After each fishing day you will be guided back to your hotel where you can relax with a beer have a shower and head out into the very beautiful historic city of Cartagena here you will find a atmosphere like no other and a huge variant in cuisine.
- Days 3 and 4 Fishing
Days 3 & 4 are the same as day two. Except that each day we will go explore a different area on the ocean so we can try catch different species or give you a chance to try your hand at hopefully landing even bigger fish than the day before.
- Departure Day Return to Airport
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for departure.
If you are departing later in the day, you may wish to take some hours to explore Cartagena’s delights if not already done so.
Accommodation in local hotels at Cartagena. We have the options of apartments which have double or twin rooms with cooking amenities and a fridge. Each room has a double bed and a single.
Group booking can have their own apartment. Or if a family group allowing you to stay together but also allow the rest of the family relax whilst you enjoy your days fishing.
- You should have a general good level of fitness and enjoy the outdoors. You should also be comfortable living in close proximity with others. Minimum age 10. No previous fishing experience is required but is desired. Sea Fishing can be physically demanding. You must be able to swim a minimum distance of 10 meters and be able to assist in helping in case of a man overboard.
- Yellow Fever vaccination is required. To visit nature parks or wilderness areas other vaccines, such as tetanus and hepatitis A and B are also recommended.
- A detailed recommended packing list for personal items to bring will be sent with your booking documentation. NB: We advise you not to buy equipment or clothes for your trip or to incur other non-refundable expenses such as flights until you have received confirmation of your booking from us in writing. Note of course that the most appropriate clothing to use as well as the level of challenge experienced during any outdoor activity may vary significantly depending on factors such as the time of year and the particular weather/temperature conditions during your trip.A basic suggested list.
- Sun Screen
- Mosquito Repellant
- Long Sleeve shirt
- Full length walking / Quick dry trousers
- Comfortable footwear
- Camera (waterproofed)
- Dry bag
- Water bottle or camel pack
- Light gloves for paddling, fish handling
- Swimming costume
Remember all personal equipment needs to fit into your dry bag.
A minimum of 2 persons is required for scheduled Sea Fishing trips to run. You are of course welcome to book as a solo traveler. Or if desired you can book as a solo traveler and we will update you when other reservations are made.
Detailed information on travel options to this experience will be provided in response to your enquiry. We are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey.
Please ensure that you make a booking with us first and wait for confirmation that your spaces are reserved before making any travel arrangements.
Fly to Cartagena from Bogota or Medellin by domestic flight connection. Transfer from Cartagena Airport is included. (Depending on our chosen departure point in your confirmation instructions) Flight times between cities is approx 60 to 90 mins.
There are regular bus trips between cities however it is advised to fly. Approx time between Medellin & Cartagena is 12 hours
Minimum group size 2 persons for scheduled tours
Maximum group size 12 persons for scheduled tours.
This experience is also available as a private experience for groups or individuals. For private tours, larger groups can be accommodated. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.